Monday, September 23, 2013

Focused Writing Instruction

Due to a position and campus change within my district I have changed my action research topic. I will be evaluating student achievement in writing. I will be analyzing last year's district assessments and STAAR data to find improvements in writing. We have gone from departmentalized teaching in 4th grade, to a three way switch, allowing 1 teacher to focus on writing. My question is, "Will focused writing instruction increased results in writing, both meeting the standard and being commended?"
Currently I have began to review data from last year and identified specific needs to address TEKS missed most frequently. As we begin to administer district assessments I will begin to compare data. My final article of data will be STAAR and I will be able to construct all action research.

No comments:

Post a Comment